55719Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Weakness in Product Management?

    Sep 8, 2012
      Jim,

      That's an interesting story.  I could imagine a situation where the PO reviewing the test cases could be seen as inappropriately micro-managing the Dev Team, but there would have to be several other factors at play(more context) that you did not mention, so I'll assume those factors didn't exist.  Also, I have seen cases in the past of a PO who has a technical background trying to poke into the "How?", which as we all know, is owned by the Dev Team.

      > evidence that I had explained the user stories correctly,

      My first curiosity question about your situation would be: When you collaborated with the Dev Team, did you and the Dev Team come to a shared understanding as to the Story Tests before development began?

      My second curiosity question would be: Were you, as the PO, "accepting" stories during the sprint, as soon as the Dev Team thought the story was "Done?"

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com