55709Re: [scrumdevelopment] Weakness in Product Management?

  • Adam Sroka
    Sep 6, 2012
      On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Michael Vizdos <mvizdos@...> wrote:

      > Charles,
      >
      > I hear the word proxy being thrown around like that is acceptable for a Product Owner.
      >
      > It's not.
      >
      > If a Scrum Team does not have the right person in the role of Product Owner (for example a business analyst is a proxy) that is an impediment.
      >
      > This is a huge problem today and it's like people accept it.
      >
      > It's wrong. So people need to step up and do what is right.
      >
      > This is not easy in most places.
      >
      > Mike Vizdos

      +1

      I think the problem is that as organizations mature and grow large
      they develop into layers and they create structures that disrupt
      communication between those layers. Prospective product owners who are
      deeply insulated from the real customer and a lot of important guiding
      information are kind of like empty seats.

      I've come to refer to this kind of Scrum as dead reckoning. In
      navigation that means the path the craft will follow under current
      conditions if no one steers at all.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic