55424Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Extensions Being Retired

  • David Starr
    Jul 16, 2012
      It's pretty simple.
      1. We confirmed the need is there.
      2. The mechanism we tried to service the need was not the right one. People found it hard to consume.
      3. Quality of several submissions was not sufficient.
      4. People unfamiliar with Scrum found the name confusing.
      5. There are many existing and potentially competing options out there. Agile Atlas looks promising, Agile Alliance resources, etc.
      So we learned some things. And we'll do better in the future. It would be cool to collaborate on this stuff instead of spooling up a new instance of a reference.

      David Starr
      Scrum.org, Chief Craftsman - Improving the Profession of Software Development
      elegantcode.com | @elegantcoder  | scrum.org | @scrumdotorg

      On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSP CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      David,

      Has Scrum.org done a root cause analysis of any kind on why the extensions didn't work?

      I'd be interested to hear some of the lessons learned in this.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com