55322Re: [scrumdevelopment] Like to do Scrum certification, please guide me

    Jun 24, 2012
      I basically agree with the sentiment that reading is not enough to learn how to do Scrum *well*, which is why I suggested in my email
          > and then practicing what I learned on real life Scrum teams
      that *practice* is required if one wants to learn to do Scrum well (or, in your terms, "truly learn Scrum").

      OTOH, the OP was looking for the cheapest certification route using self study, so that's where I was coming from in my advice.

      For the most part, I went the self study route myself, so in a way, I'm defending that route as a valid one.  I don't know if I'd call myself an expert on this list, but I certainly call myself an "expert" to the other 99% of the population.  Mark, I appreciate the compliment, especially coming from you, none the less.

      A big part of my self study route was interacting on this list and getting awesome informal coaching from the people on this list.  On that note, I once again thank you all for the help.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      http://www.ScrumCrazy.com