55321Re: [scrumdevelopment] Like to do Scrum certification, please guide me

  • Mark Levison
    Jun 23, 2012
      On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Charles Bradley - Scrum Coach CSP CSM PSM I <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      I don't agree with Mark on this, but it's probably just semantics.  I think you can learn about Scrum just fine from the Scrum Guide and other books.  Learning to do Scrum *well*, now that's a different story.

       Here's what I find. I ask students to do a fair amount of prereading before my courses. Then we discuss Scrum @ 1000 ft. Even after doing that people make many surprising discovers on Day 2 when they run their first sprint. The discovery's aren't usually about the mechanics of Scrum rather they're about things like: how collaborative it can be, how retrospectives really work, how teams can change even in 20 minute sprint.

      No words on a page can really convey these insights well.

      Charles I think the key difference is that you've long since become an expert. As a result you already a good framework of experience to test new ideas in. When you read something its easier to see where it might fit.

      Cheers
      Mark Levison
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic