55318Re: [scrumdevelopment] Like to do Scrum certification, please guide me

  • Mark Levison
    Jun 22, 2012
      Mythili - Scrum isn't something you can truly learn by reading a book. Nor can it be learned well by lecture. Scrum is something you learn by doing. The ScrumAlliance certification requires you participate in class so you can experience Scrum through the exercises. In addition working in person with a trainer helps them see if you're ready for certification.

      Caveat Emptor I'm a Certified Scrum Trainer and so run such courses. For that reason I will also not comment on the Scrum.org certifications.

      Certification or not, what really matters is getting practical experience.

      Cheers
      Mark Levison

      On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM, mythili_may11 <mythili_may11@...> wrote:

      Hi Group,

      Currently I'm working on a project which uses Scrum methodology. I'm very much impressed and would like to do a certification. I found couple of sites, where they train for 2 days and after an exam will provide a certification.

      My question, is it possible to take the certification exam after self-preparation. For a self-preparation, what are the materials I need to go through. From where I have to start.

      Can some one please guide me, thanks in advance!

      Thanks,
      Mythili

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic