55294Re: Express checkout during a sprint

  • JackM
    Jun 14, 2012
      The best way is to allocate some capacity each sprint for this. figure out how many story points worth of interrupts each sprint. Also make sure you have buffer stories ready to go to add to the sprint in case there are no interrupts.

      Of course no interrupts would be best but sometimes they're unavoidable. Generally speaking, the longer you make the sprint the more susceptible the team is to interrupts.

      We manage multiple teams successfully with this approach.

      Cheers
      Jack
      agilebuddy.com
      blog.agilebuddy.com

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "fortheloveofmathematics" <omaeva@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > How does everyone handle high priority items that come in during the middle of a sprint?
      >
      > Currently both of my teams run one week sprints. Coming up we will be all switching to two week sprints because of the type of work we are doing.
      >
      > Now a few of our product people are worrying that they won't be able to get high priority items in mid-sprint. Part of this is unavoidable because we make all our revenue on advertising and when a deal is made we have strict deadlines.
      >
      > I would prefer not interrupt sprints for that kind of stuff, and mentioned we could possibly allocate 10-15% of our sprint to those type of items and if they don't arise work on our tech debt.
      >
      > Any other ways of handling that?
      >
      > Thank you

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic