55263Re: [scrumdevelopment] Express checkout during a sprint

  • Mark Levison
    Jun 11, 2012
      On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM, fortheloveofmathematics <omaeva@...> wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      How does everyone handle high priority items that come in during the middle of a sprint?

      Normally you don't.

      Currently both of my teams run one week sprints. Coming up we will be all switching to two week sprints because of the type of work we are doing.

      Tell us more please. This seems like an odd change.

      Now a few of our product people are worrying that they won't be able to get high priority items in mid-sprint. Part of this is unavoidable because we make all our revenue on advertising and when a deal is made we have strict deadlines.

      Then you really do want to stick to one week sprints.

      I would prefer not interrupt sprints for that kind of stuff, and mentioned we could possibly allocate 10-15% of our sprint to those type of items and if they don't arise work on our tech debt.

      Any other ways of handling that?

      Cheers
      Mark

      Thank you