55166Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint burndown chart - Tasks instead of hours on the vertical axis?

  • George Dinwiddie
    Jun 1 5:50 PM
      Alan,

      On 6/1/12 7:54 PM, Alan Dayley wrote:

      > Wow. You should know that Michael is an experienced developer, project
      > manager, Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile Coach. He knows what he is
      > talking about, not just spouting "Scrum lingo." And he is trying to
      > help you on his own time.
      >
      > You asked questions and we are giving you the answers as we know them
      > and have EXPERIENCED them. If you know our answers to be wrong, stop
      > asking for them.

      We seem to be experiencing a wave of newcomers who ask questions but
      don't believe the answers. I do wish they'd just say they don't believe
      the answers, though, instead of insulting those who are trying to help.
      I think it would make the list a more pleasant place.

      I /do/ sympathize with their incredulity, though. When I first
      encountered XP in 2000, the practice of TDD made no sense to me. It
      looked impossible on the face of it.

      I didn't, however, tell people on the XP list that it was impossible. I
      noticed that some very experienced people who said a lot of other good
      things also said that TDD helped them. If it worked for them, how could
      it be impossible. So I tried an experiment. In three days, I proved to
      myself that it wasn't impossible and that it helped me, too.

      I think that attitude helps a lot when encountering something new. Be
      sceptical, yes. But experiment mindfully.

      - George