55027Burndown charts and late finishers

  • Simon Morris
    Apr 20, 2012
      Hello all,

      I mainly wanted to introduce myself to the group as a newbie but also ask a quick question.

      I've been following the group for a while and I find the insights really valuable. Thanks for the time you spend on this community.

      So - in our sprints we consistently start slow and have a big finish. You can see our latest burndown chart here.

      This isn't necessarily a problem as we ship features on time and with the correct quality, but it is always a slight feeling of panic as we drift away from the "Ideal" line.

      I don't really want to push the group to start stronger as we consistently deliver successfully and putting more effort into the first couple of days would just serve to make the chart prettier.

      Does anyone else see this as a warning sign - maybe I should just stop checking the burndown chart in the first half of the sprint :-)

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic