54930Re: Looking for Advise on Standup, burndown, and tracking progress

  • tony_t_tubbs
    Apr 16, 2012
      Can't say that for sure. It could mean we are still getting paid on June 2nd though. :D

      I've suggested we get a coach to work with us on becoming a mature scrum team/organization. As it is, we send folks to 2 day CSM training and then it's trial by fire. Though I believe we have the right folks in all the proper rolls (except for maybe a proper PO), and we all share a desire to do it 'right', it's just slow going as we are teams of mostly people new to this process.

      One of the things I personally struggle with, and what I think your comment is getting to, is how to manage the theory of 'the book' with the reality of the situation. If the PO says 'The agreement is A, B and C must be done by June 1, you figure out how to get it done', then you figure it out, yes?

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tony,
      >
      > On Apr 16, 2012, at 1:27 PM, tony_t_tubbs wrote:
      >
      > > Because this is a POC with a fair amount of R&D involved, it is hard to say if we can get things done without overtime or not. The gut feel is that there is a risk that we cannot
      >

      > And you feel that overtime will actually make you get done, and done better?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > There's no word for accountability in Finnish.
      > Accountability is something that is left when responsibility has been subtracted.
      > --Pasi Sahlberg

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic