54873Re: Scrum Implementation for Re-Engineering projects

  • Steve
    Apr 12, 2012
      Let me add my support to Adrians suggestion of getting a Product Backlog created. This needs to be done with thte stakeholders organised by a Product Owner; as the PM/Scrum Master you should not do this yourself!

      Once a PB has been created you can investigate the code in depth for the top one or two items to give the team some idea of the complexity of the task and then use Planning Poker to estimate the PB.

      It may be that these initial investigations reveal that estimation of the rest of the PB would be fruitless and if so, I would suggest using a more Lean/Kanban approach to begin with, maybe moving toward a more Scrum approach as the team gains experience.

      Of course, I assume that the new technology has been chosen and that some sort of business case has been prepared to justify this activity.

      Let us all know how you get on

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "animgpt" <animgpt@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for information on implementing scrum on re-engineering projects.
      > My project has a legacy code without any documentation. Code needs to be read, understood, and recoded in a newer technology. I don't have a product backlog, no idea of estimate for each module, etc. unless code is digged into.
      > I am finding lots of difficulties in implementing scrum on such a project.
      > Anyone who has used scrum on similar project, please suggest.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic