      From: woynam <woyna@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 29 February 2012 12:57 AM
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Thoughts by General George S. Patton

      I never realized how much agility drove "Old Blood and Guts".

      On team empowerment:

      "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton

      On management by walking around:

      "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

      On good enough planning:

      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton

      On the drawbacks of a rigid process:

      "Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity." - General George S. Patton

      On the value of people over tools:

      "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men." - General George S. Patton

      On teams:

      "An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." - General George S. Patton

      On the dangers of over-specialization:

      "Many soldiers are led to faulty ideas of war by knowing too much about too little." - General George S. Patton

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic