54098Re: Design documents

  • ashish_wrt
    Feb 2, 2012
      I tried Scrum both ways with and without design upfront and now I do Scrum only with design upfront (usually light) and a design review before coding starts for anything not very simple. Sometimes I go for comprehensive and detailed design.

      In most cases design document is only a wiki page with two diagrams or something the developer explains on board on how they plan to do it and we take a pic and put it on our wiki with additional notes by the developer.

      It is part of the sprint and usually before the developer starts coding.

      During coding developer is free to deviate from his original design and regroup with team to discuss and communicate his changes.

      Value is in thinking through and getting input.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Dominick Deinde" <dominick@...> wrote:
      > Do we generate design documents in scrum and when ?
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic