54016Re: [scrumdevelopment] Launching a new team on Agile / Scrum

  • Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu
    Feb 1, 2012
      I'd say it might be very productive to start with stating your real expectations very clearly like "I'm expecting a working software continuously", or "I'm expecting a very low bug count", or "I'm expecting a continuous productivity increase". Then ask them "how they want to handle this expectations?".

      And if  they can't find reliable solutions to some of the expectations you give, or they believe some of those expectations are impossible to achieve, give them the resources that they can learn how to do that (documents, coaching, training etc..).

      I believe with this approach there will be no resistance problems and it might create a lot more motivation compared to saying "We're going to use SCRUM and this is why!".
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic