53991Re: Size of team a barrier to SCRUM and Agile

  • woynam
    Jan 26, 2012
      Sure, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that if you work on the 25 projects in parallel that will *all* take over 2 years to complete.

      Organizational politics is certainly at play. I don't care if my project takes 2 years as long as *your* project also takes 2 years.

      Sheesh.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Paul Hudson <phudson@...> wrote:

      > On 26 January 2012 15:16, woynam <woyna@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Why on earth is this so difficult for people to comprehend?
      > >
      > > Mark
      > >

      > It's a trust/confidence/risk issue. The owners feel happier seeing some
      > progress, even if rationally they can see doing projects one at a time
      > delivers things earlier.
      >
      > Take an extreme example - 25 projects each taking one month. It takes a
      > lot of faith in your company's systems and organisations to let 23 other
      > projects and two years come and go before yours even starts....
      >
      > Paul

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic