52756Re: When daily scrum turns into reporting

  • rroy26@rocketmail.com
    Sep 29, 2011
      How are reporting sessions different than standard scrum sessions. Are u covering something else than standard 3 questions.

      One of the reason, as a manager, I like Scrum is now I get status update everyday without asking. Scrum provides daily level visibility. Earlier I used get status on ad hoc or weekly basis, asking for daily status would have been considered micro management.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "pctnmrk" <pctnmrk@...> wrote:

      > Any ideas about how to stop the Daily Scrum turning into a reporting session.
      > I guess the obvious one is to stop the 'management' coming to the stand-ups but this hasn't always been possible. We've ended up having 2 scrums, the reporting scrum and a proper scrum after that! Does anybody else have similar experiences?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic