52754Re: Scrum for OS development company

  • rroy26@rocketmail.com
    Sep 30, 2011
      This is a serious problem with Scrum community. They have a hammer (Scrum) and think everything is a nail.

      May be his seniors are right. How can we be sure without understanding his needs and environment.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Anderson <malcolm.b.anderson@...> wrote:

      > +1 to Mark's comment.
      >
      > People who have made up their minds about, something they don't want to do,
      > are rarely satisfied with any evidence that contradicts their position.
      > Human beings will go to amazing lengths before admitting they are wrong.
      >
      > If your senior has publicly stated that "Scrum won't work here" then it
      > won't work there (as long as your senior is at that company.) If you want
      > to use Scrum, you will probably need to get promoted above him, or go work
      > for another company.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >
      > --
      >
      > Malcolm Anderson
      > Scrum Coach & Agile Engineer
      >

      > On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Mark Levison <mark@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Conversely what makes OS development special? Its still software, it still
      > > has users, ...
      > >
      > > Everyone thinks they're special and Scrum won't work for them. What is the
      > > person's underlying concern?
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Mark
      > >

      > > On Monday, September 26, 2011, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
      > >
      > >> **
      > >>

      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> My seniors says that SCRUM is not applicable for OS development companies
      > >> and it does work very well with Web based or for small product
      > >> development(s).
      > >>
      > >> I'm interested to know the names of OS development companies who
      > >> successfully implemented SCRUM.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks,
      > >> Pankaj

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic