52751Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum for OS development company

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Sep 29, 2011
      +1 to Mark's comment.

      People who have made up their minds about, something they don't want to do, are rarely satisfied with any evidence that contradicts their position.  Human beings will go to amazing lengths before admitting they are wrong.

      If your senior has publicly stated that "Scrum won't work here" then it won't work there (as long as your senior is at that company.)  If you want to use Scrum, you will probably need to get promoted above him, or go work for another company.

      Good luck.

      --

      Malcolm Anderson
      Scrum Coach & Agile Engineer

      On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Mark Levison <mark@...> wrote:

      Conversely what makes OS development special? Its still software, it still has users, ...

      Everyone thinks they're special and Scrum won't work for them. What is the person's underlying concern?

      Cheers
      Mark

      On Monday, September 26, 2011, Pankaj Gupta wrote:

      Hi,

      My seniors says that SCRUM is not applicable for OS development companies and it does work very well with Web based or for small product development(s).

      I'm interested to know the names of OS development companies who successfully implemented SCRUM.

      Thanks,
      Pankaj

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic