52379Re: How do we enforce the team to run CMMI process without authority?

  • gopinath
    Sep 4, 2011
      It all depends on how CMMI is implemented in an organization.
      CMMI specifies the end goals but is not prescriptive about how the goals are achieved.
      While there are some organizations where processes are unilaterally defined by SEPG,yet in many organizations processes are defined and reviewed by practitioners before being adopted as standards.
      Morever there are mechanisms built in CMMI for collecting best practices and lessons learned from different projects and making it available in a organizational level data base accessed by all. Project teams can tailor the processes to suit their situation. They are also encouraged to submit process change requests based on their project experience.
      Since this is not a CMMI forum I suggest we continue this discussion offline. Please feel free to send in your views.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Sameh Zeid <sameh.zeid@...> wrote:
      > In CMMI, the Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) is in-charge of
      > process improvement instead of empowering the teams to arrive at their
      > own process. The SEPG facilitate the creation of the defined process
      > that should be followed by various teams.
      > From my view CMMI disregards the empiricism of the software process and
      > stress on defining the software process.
      > Sameh
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic