52376Re: [scrumdevelopment] How do we enforce the team to run CMMI process without authority?

  • Dan Rawsthorne
    Sep 3, 2011
      Yes, you can put the CMMI constraints in as part of "Done" for each individual Item. And, as George says, CMMI Level 5 means that the team is improving itself, so you need to put that in as part of the process - probably tacking it onto the existing Retrospective process that scrum provides.

      Dan  ;-)

      Dan Rawsthorne, PhD, PMP, CST

      Author of Exploring Scrum: the Fundamentals,

           http://www.amazon.com/dp/1461160286

      On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:26 AM, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:

      Joshua,

      One thing to consider is that CMMI level 5 is "Optimizing." That means
      that you're measuring your process and making adjustments accordingly.
      If your process is a flat "the team shall work this way" then you're
      probably doing a lousy job at optimizing. If only those at the top are
      choosing how to improve the measures, then improvement is much slower.
      Along with that, such enterprises often choose the wrong thing to
      measure, and while their numbers go up, their success may not.

      CMMI level 5 does NOT imply that you're doing a good job.

      - George