      From: Michael James <mj4scrum@...>
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:07 PM
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Advance scrum training

      I was just asked to run an advanced training for a place that thought they had the fundamentals down pat.  I tested the participants at the beginning and discovered some of them thought the ScrumMaster manages the team and prioritizes the product backlog, the primary measure of progress is estimates vs. actuals, there are separate Sprints for inception, elaboration, construction and transition, final integration should be deliberately postponed until the last Sprint, Scrum is primarily for known requirements and known technology, Scrum prescribes what to do in every situation, etc.  So the first day wound up being *remedial* Scrum training.  I suspect most places that want "advanced" Scrum training didn't really get it the first time.  Since most trainers don't test their participants yet, it's no surprise this goes undetected.

      --mj

      Simple doesn’t always mean easy!