    Sep 1, 2011
      I was just asked to run an advanced training for a place that thought they had the fundamentals down pat.  I tested the participants at the beginning and discovered some of them thought the ScrumMaster manages the team and prioritizes the product backlog, the primary measure of progress is estimates vs. actuals, there are separate Sprints for inception, elaboration, construction and transition, final integration should be deliberately postponed until the last Sprint, Scrum is primarily for known requirements and known technology, Scrum prescribes what to do in every situation, etc.  So the first day wound up being *remedial* Scrum training.  I suspect most places that want "advanced" Scrum training didn't really get it the first time.  Since most trainers don't test their participants yet, it's no surprise this goes undetected.

      --mj

      On Aug 31, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Dennis van der Stelt wrote:

      Simple doesn’t always mean easy!

      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Partogi
      Sent: dinsdag 30 augustus 2011 13:43
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Advance scrum training

      Scrum is popular because it's so damn simple. Why would you want to learn advanced techniques with Scrum?

      On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:23 PM, poojawandile <poojawandile@...> wrote:

      HI,
      Am curiuos to know if there could be some sort of advanced scrum
      training/scrum
      master training for teams which have been practising Scrum and probably
      can look
      forward to some advanced practices.
      Any thoughts, suggestions, experinces to share?

      thanks,
      pooja

      --
      @jpartogi