52354Re: [scrumdevelopment] Advance scrum training

  • Adam Sroka
    Sep 1, 2011
      On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Don McGreal <mail@...> wrote:
      > Joshua, the rules of Chess are also 'so damn simple'. Think it's worth learning advance techniques for it?

      You need to know some openings, 90% of which start with the same
      couple moves (king's pawn or queen's pawn, and if you know even just
      one opening on each side you have an advantage over the average casual
      player) Then you need to know a handful of principles for the middle
      game and another handful for the end game. The main thing you need is
      lots and lots of practice.

      Similarly with Scrum, the concepts are very simple. The main thing you
      need is lots and lots of practice. Getting coaching/mentoring so that
      you can practice more effectively and avoid a few common pitfalls is
      probably a good idea, but advanced classroom training is mostly snake
      oil. In fact, "Advanced Scrum" is to me mostly about eliminating parts
      of Scrum that are no longer necessary once the team has developed
      disciplines that supplant them.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic