52351Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Master and the knowledge of the product

  • Mark Levison
    Sep 1, 2011
      On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM, RonJeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      The Scrum Master needs to know about the product or only put focus in the process. I understand that is not necesary that he / she needs knowledge about the product, but I want confirm this. If the answer is "yes", what is the level of the knowledge that he/she needs to have?

      Seems to me that more knowledge is always better ...

      While more knowledge is always better, I've seen some excellent ScrumMasters start off with no knowledge of the product. They just need to be mindful of what they don't know and respectful of the history (i.e. why certain decisions were taken).

      In the end I would I choose a ScrumMaster for the qualities of their personal skills over their product knowledge.

       Cheers

      Mark Levison

      MarkMark Levison | Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Certified Scrum Trainer
      Agile Editor @ InfoQ | Blog | Twitter | Office: (613) 862-2538
      Recent Entries:
      Story Slicing How Small is Small Enough, Why use an Agile Coach

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic