51958Re: [scrumdevelopment] Think waterfall is dead?

  • Malcolm Anderson
    Jul 31, 2011
      Joshua

      There is no correlation with Scrum.

      A few years ago Gartner came out and confirmed that CIOs who report to the CEO have a better chance to use the IT department to increase revenues rather than just cut costs.

      My opinion is that a new CS graduate, having the opportunity to work on projects that can increase the bottom line will do more for that persons career than just working on cost cutting will.

      --

      Malcolm Anderson
      Scrum Coach & Agile Engineer

      On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Joshua Partogi <joshua.java@...> wrote:

      Malcolm,

      I am interested to hear your opinion regarding the differences between reporting to CEO and CFO. What's the correlation with Scrum?

      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Malcolm Anderson <malcolm.b.anderson@...> wrote:

      The only advice I would give to a new CS graduate is

      1. Make sure that in the companies you apply to, the CIO/CTO report to the CEO *not* the CFO

      --
      Kind Regards,

      Joshua Partogi
      Principal Consultant
      ScrumWay.Co - Scrum and Agile Consulting and Training
      @scrumway

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic