51527Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint Planning - Sprint Length

    Jun 2, 2011
      Hello, Charles. On Thursday, June 2, 2011, at 12:46:37 PM, you
      wrote:

      > Well, that kind of makes sense given your stance that all User
      > Stories should be 2-3 days.  I feel the same way about the one
      > week sprints that I do about the 2-3 day stories practice -- it
      > takes quite a bit of maturity (Scrum + User Stories) to be able to
      > pull that off well.

      Not really. You just have to do it. I've never seen a team fail at
      it.

      > I do believe you when you say it is a really
      > good practice, I just believe it is more of a pattern than a Best
      > Practice.  In other words, IMO, it's a Best Practice in a certain
      > context(and that context is moderately mature Scrum/US teams).

      I don't think I said "Best Practice". It is the best thing that I
      currently know, however, and it works just fine independent of
      maturity as far as I can tell.

      Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
      --Albert Einstein
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic