50992Re: [scrumdevelopment] Reading real books

  • Adam Sroka
    May 1, 2011
      There are a number of good books that are principally about Scrum. Here are some recent ones that I liked:

      /Succeeding with Agile/ by Mike Cohn
      /Agile Product Management with Scrum/ by Roman Pichler
      /Agile Game Development with Scrum/ by Clinton Keith

      On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      Hello, strazhce. On Sunday, May 1, 2011, at 5:21:38 PM, you wrote:

      > What are "real books"?

      I was thinking books like Schwaber's, more than 20 pages of brief
      description ...

      The ones you list here are good but not Scrum.

      > I'm aware of these kinds of books, which would make sense to read:
      > - agile books (from XP series to books like Agile Coaching)
      > - software development classics, which go beyond any specific
      > methodology (like Wiegers' Software Requirements)
      > - non-agile process books (like The Unified Software Development Process from Jacobson)
      > - more technology related books (like JUnit Recipes, TDD by
      > Example, Growing OO Software Guided by tests)
      > - softskills books (e.g. coaching, facilitation)

      Yin and Yang I figure.
      -- Tom Jeffries

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic