50989Reading real books

  • strazhce
    May 1, 2011
      Hi, Ron,

      > Hello, Charles. On Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 8:04:15 PM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Ron, the Scrum Guide might be "Baby's First Bible" to you, but, IMO, to the
      > > other 99.9% of the people in the field, it's not.
      >
      > These people need to at least consider reading some real books, and
      > taking some classes. The Scrum Guide is not enough to set people on
      > the right path, much less allow them to excel.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries

      What are "real books"?

      I'm aware of these kinds of books, which would make sense to read:
      - agile books (from XP series to books like Agile Coaching)
      - software development classics, which go beyond any specific methodology (like Wiegers' Software Requirements)
      - non-agile process books (like The Unified Software Development Process from Jacobson)
      - more technology related books (like JUnit Recipes, TDD by Example, Growing OO Software Guided by tests)
      - softskills books (e.g. coaching, facilitation)

      Thanks.
      Oleg
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic