5068RE: FW: [scrumdevelopment] Frequent Releases

  • Phlip
    Oct 31, 2004
      Shimmings, Ian wrote:

      > > These absolute rules always frustrate me because
      > > it does depend.
      >
      > Of course it does. Hence the words "as soon as it
      > is possible". The definition I would apply is
      > "release when the business value (usually measured
      > as ROI) makes the cost of deployment acceptable".
      > As you go on to illustrate, this can vary widely.

      I'm switching to this verbiage:

      - release: Every Friday, with a demo.
      - deploy: Every integration is deployable. Every
      day ends with a quick check that the
      current build makes sense.
      - deliver: help users start using

      The ultimate goal is feedback from real usage.

      =====
      Phlip

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic