5068RE: FW: [scrumdevelopment] Frequent Releases
- Oct 31, 2004Shimmings, Ian wrote:
> > These absolute rules always frustrate me becauseI'm switching to this verbiage:
> > it does depend.
> Of course it does. Hence the words "as soon as it
> is possible". The definition I would apply is
> "release when the business value (usually measured
> as ROI) makes the cost of deployment acceptable".
> As you go on to illustrate, this can vary widely.
- release: Every Friday, with a demo.
- deploy: Every integration is deployable. Every
day ends with a quick check that the
current build makes sense.
- deliver: help users start using
The ultimate goal is feedback from real usage.
Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
- << Previous post in topic