5064FW: [scrumdevelopment] Frequent Releases

  • Mike Beedle
    Oct 30, 2004

      "The truth arises from the disagreement amongst friends.”

      n      David Hume

      The discussion is a bit esoteric, but isn’t conflict and tension sometimes necessary to make progress?

      In my view, research goes both ways:

      1) building an idea by expanding on it:

      (agreeing with all or part of it but expanding), or

      2) re-building an idea by challenging all or part of it

      (agreeing with part of it but _disagreeing_ with another part)

      Incremental advancement is typically by “expanding” but true revolutions typically come

      from _strong_ disagreements,

      - Mike