50251Re: [scrumdevelopment] Break from sprinting - a strategy sprint

  • Jussi Mäkelä
    Feb 3, 2011
      Hi,

      I know a company that runs three-week sprints, the last day of the sprint is always dedicated for learning, tinkering etc. It seems to work very nicely, it's a nice break from the "normal" stuff and you get to focus on things that you find interesting. I think it's a wonderful idea, however I'm not sure if it's something what you are after. Give it a try at least!

      /Jussi

      2011/2/1 bennyou.cpt1 <bennyou.cpt@...>

      Hi,

      I would like to get the communities opinion on the following:
      Assuming that after implementing Scrum the team becomes self-managing and becomes hyper productive and all that good stuff.

      Delivering sprint in and sprint out can almost cause content fatigue. The team becomes so engaged in developing on the same project or product that they sometimes lose site of the bigger picture architecturally.

      Has anyone else ever tried or considered breaking in between a long set of sprints and just regrouping with some sort of strat sprint?

      What is the communities thoughts on this?

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic