50245Re: [scrumdevelopment] Break from sprinting - a strategy sprint

    Feb 3, 2011
      Hello, bennyou.cpt1. On Tuesday, February 1, 2011, at 1:16:42 PM,
      you wrote:

      > I would like to get the communities opinion on the following:
      > Assuming that after implementing Scrum the team becomes
      > self-managing and becomes hyper productive and all that good stuff.

      > Delivering sprint in and sprint out can almost cause content
      > fatigue. The team becomes so engaged in developing on the same
      > project or product that they sometimes lose site of the bigger
      > picture architecturally.

      > Has anyone else ever tried or considered breaking in between a
      > long set of sprints and just regrouping with some sort of strat sprint?

      > What is the communities thoughts on this?

      I have heard of teams who did this sort of thing and found it quite
      useful. I would have no problem with it.

      Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself.
      (I am large, I contain multitudes.) --Walt Whitman
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic