50213Re: Break from sprinting - a strategy sprint

  • David A Barrett
    Feb 2, 2011
      I think it's a reasonable question.  Certainly, I wondered if the constant grind of churning out feature after feature after feature without a break was going to become a burden in itself.  I can say though, that after 7 years of back to back Sprints without a break burn out has never become a problem.

      My guess is that the trade-offs for the Team members in moving to Scrum are almost all positive.  The Team is now constantly have success, deadlines are all self-imposed and unreasonable customer/user demand can almost always be dealt with by, "We'll have to put that in the Product Backlog".  So yeah, we expect them to deliver a bunch of stuff every month, and as soon as they've got that done we turn around and hand them a new batch of stuff with a new deadline but now it's all set up to succeed.

      Dave Barrett

      This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it and advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

      Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez le supprimer et m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic