5[scrumdevelopment] Re: Extreme Programming
- Feb 6, 2000VIRMAN@... wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with Extreme Programming?It seems to me that XP adds several programming-specific practices to
Scrum. Seen from another angle, Scrum is the part of XP that is not
> I'm trying to pull together an interaction mapping so we can see howI think several practices are essentially the same, other are partly
> they mutually support each other.
1. The Backlog is equivalent to XP's stack of cards with User Stories
Engineering Tasks. Both simplify project planning enough to make it
easy to change.
2. The Daily Scrum Meeting is equivalent to XP's Standup Meeting.
3. Sprints are equivalent to XP's iterations.
4. The Scrum Master is similar to XP's coach.
5. Chickens and Pigs can have the end result of XP's Customer On Site.
"The nice thing about standards is that
there are so many of them to choose from."
-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>