49870Re: Having the Product Owner in team Estimation Meetings

  • Dan
    Jan 17, 2011
      Hi Rob, I tend to agree with everyone else here. I am a PO and I attend almost every meeting for every team I am involved with. I'm there to answer questions more than to offer anything on my own.

      One thing that we may do different here is, I run the Planning Poker meetings. I'll read through the user stories, answer any questions that come up, let the team come up with their estimate, and then I record it.

      I have my own rule that once the team starts the process of agreeing on story points, I shut up until they are done. I never influence their decisions on this matter since they are the ones that need ot commit to getting it done.

      Hope this helps,
      Dan

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Robert Molchon <rob.molchon@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering what people thought of having the Product Owner attend the Team's product backlog estimation meetings?...
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic