49507Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile team member loss

  • Don Gray
    Dec 6, 2010

      > I'd like to minimize the psychological and motivational impacts. Any
      > suggestions?

      You might ask how the team members feel about the loss. That would give
      you the impacts the team experiences.

      The Kubler-Ross model covers the five stages of grief. It might help to
      be aware of them.

      I try to have a ceremony for the team celebrating the accomplishments
      and how the person leaving contributed to the team's success. At a later
      time move into a "how will we do this now" conversation.

      Don Gray (336)414-4645

      We don't need better solutions, we need better thinking about problems.
      attributed to Russell Ackoff

      Practice thinking about problems at the AYE Conference
      AYE: Exploring Human Systems in Action http://www.AYEconference.com
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic