49479Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Keeping cross-cutting tasks visible (without technical stories)

    Dec 2, 2010
      Hello, banshee858. On Thursday, December 2, 2010, at 2:20:45 PM,
      you wrote:

      > Have you tried something like this?

      > List all the technical debt stuff on little post-it notes
      > adjacent to the Task Board. When a Product Backlog item (PBI) is
      > selected for a Sprint, look at the technical debt pieces and find
      > the pieces that make sense to finish while working on the PBI.
      > Add those to the scope of work for the PBI and estimate how long
      > it will take to complete the feature and the technical debt pieces.

      > That way you make the technical debt work visible, you can
      > prioritize it and link it to real value.

      Very nice!

      We accomplish what we understand. If we are to accomplish something
      together, we need to understand it together.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic