      From: Shaik Mohammed Saheb <shaikms@...>
      Sender: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 20:49:24 +0530
      To: <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] technical debt hits the bottom line at EBay

      Can you please give me more info on where you read this?

      Thanks in advance.

      Cheers,
      Shaik

      On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Michael James <mj4scrum@...> wrote:
      I read an interesting statement in today's Wall Street Journal, "EBay’s system, which involved 25 million lines of inflexible code, soon became a liability. The company, for example, couldn’t figure out which of its hundreds of thousands of 'iPod' listings were for a given model or for iPod accessories. EBay’s challenges with outdated technology are common for Web pioneers, whose systems were built with custom software that is now too old and rigid to adapt to a competitive and fastmoving market."

      Anyone here work on EBay's stuff and willing to talk about it?

      --mj
      http://ScrumReferenceCard.com

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional