48786Re: [scrumdevelopment] Diminishing ROI with NO Automation in Agile development

  • Adam Sroka
    Oct 4, 2010
      Hi Ron:

      Great Post...

      On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

      > It does
      > mean, however, that if a team is new to automated testing, almost
      > every test they are not doing probably should be automated, because
      > they will be so far behind that they are likely not doing very much
      > really good testing.

      I had to read this sentence several times to make sure I parsed it
      correctly. I'll say what I think you mean, and then you can correct me
      ;-)

      I think you are saying that any test that is not being done manually
      should be automated, because otherwise there will be too many tests
      that are not getting done. Is that right?

      I would also like to point out the Pragmatic Programmers' article on
      Ubiquitous Automation
      (http://media.pragprog.com/articles/jan_02_auto.pdf) which makes a lot
      of the same points, expands upon them, and generalizes them to
      /everything/ we do, not just testing.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic