48781Re: Difficulties in convincing the management to follow scrum as the framework

  • Brian
    Oct 4, 2010
      Venkatesh,

      Thanks for posting your dilemma. Many folks I'm sure can feel your pain, including me. The "Ace Up My Sleeve" for me was asking management if they would like to see elements of the completed project faster, like every month. To be able to see the ROI after every month should build confidence in management with a scrum-style method. Plus, then they can provide feedback more frequently...gets them involved; which also usually makes them happy.

      One thing to note though, you better make sure what is produced at the end of the month is of good quality - it's Done (for those Stories). If this doesn't happen, management will think they're paying for sloppy programming full of bugs.

      -Brian

      > > Dear All,
      > >
      > > I face difficulties in convincing my management to follow agile methodology
      > > using scrum.
      > >
      > > To be more detail. For the past years our company follows a kind of agile
      > > methodology which is not a complete agile. Also not successful in completing
      > > the project plan as there are lot of customer issues that has to be
      > > addressed immediately on that day.
      > >
      > > Since I completed Scrum Master training recently I tried to explain my
      > > Director about the framework. But management is not in a position to hear
      > > about the new changes.
      > >
      > > I would like to seek help from you guys how you all started the new changes
      > > in your career. Any suggestions are welcome. Please share your experience
      > > for me.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance.
      > >
      > > Thanks & Regards
      > > Venkatesh