47894Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Principle: Cross-Functional Team

  • Adam Sroka
    Aug 3, 2010
      On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Adam Sroka <adam.sroka@...> wrote:

      > (c) build a cross functional team and tell them how to do it -- This
      > is even more risky than (b) because the team is more likely to revolt.
      > The chance of success is only slightly higher than (b) and depends on
      > heroics.

      er... I just realized that I said it is more risky and has a higher
      chance of success. Long day.

      I think that it is more likely to produce results, because a
      cross-functional team is more likely to contain people skilled enough
      to accomplish heroics. However, I think that when it fails it is more
      likely to fail catastrophically, because people will simply give up
      and look for other things to do (I have been one of those people.)
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic