47864Re: [scrumdevelopment] Does daily scrum has to have so rigid structure?

  • PeteCRuth@aol.com
    Aug 1, 2010
      Picky, picky, picky! I was, of course, alluding to the possibility of working in a distributed environment, with activities taking place in international time, across several time zones. Come to think of it, though, you've got a point: when it's beer time in Germany, it's beer time everywhere. Even California!
      Remember, someone once said, "Somewhere, the sun is over the yardarm...", to which someone else replied, "And that means it's time to pop open an ice cold brewski!"
      In a message dated 7/31/2010 5:37:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, adam.sroka@... writes:

      Yes. You are missing the fact that it is very unlikely you will see me before 9:30 or after 17:30 on any given day (Unless there is beer involved.)

      On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 3:13 PM, <PeteCRuth@aol. com> wrote:

      It seems to me that a fifteen-minute stand up meeting leaves twenty-three  hours and forty-five minutes per day, if necessary, for follow-up meetings to get all the help or additional information that might be needed. The point of the stand-up meeting, I thought, is to transfer the status of team activities to all team members. It's the starting point for whatever subsequent collabora tion is necessary to accomplish whatever tasks have been assigned. Or am I missing something?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic