47441Re: [scrumdevelopment] Huge challenge

  • Bachan Anand
    Jul 1 11:00 PM
      Rafael,

      On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Rafael Nascimento <rafaelnascimento.rj@...> wrote:

      Hello guys!

      I need a help from you. I have a huge challenge and was wondering what would be your approach.

      Thanks for reaching out , I think that it self is a big step forward.

      I need to sell the Scrum framework to a 52 years old director of a huge company who knows the framework superficially and not entirely agree with it. We have a big project, divided into several large modules. This man always imposes ScrumBut into each module of the project which, of course, cannot make their deliveries on time.

      This man likes to have fixed dates ahead. He thinks the Scrum does not cause people to deliver the entire sprint "done". There is always a balance of work per sprint "undone" and no "punishment" for this fact. He also likes to control what each person is doing, in detail.

      If he believes so, it is from his experience after seeing results from the Sprint or he has not even given a chance to try it out.  Maybe ask him what he sees need to improve, is it about completing the work that is planned for a sprint, continue to listen to him about how it could be done if that is a pain point . All this requires a lot of patience and maybe few more sprints.

      How would you sell Scrum to this man? Recalling that he is a director who is unlikely to change his mind overnight.

      Believe that the director can also embrace the values and principles of scrum .Do whatever you can to show the value . It is easier said than done , however it is possible.Get into collaborative dialogue with the director , listen , listen and listen.

      Thank you all!

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic