47439Re: [scrumdevelopment] Huge challenge

  • Peter Stevens (calendar)
    Jul 1, 2010
      Hi Rafael,

      “People change what they do, not so much because we give them analysis that shifts their thinking, but because we show them a truth that influences their feelings.”

      John. P. Kotter, Heart of Change

      Find a way to expose him to the essential and relevant truths and you won't have to sell it - he'll buy it.

      Cheers,

      Peter

      On 02.07.10 04:39, Rafael Nascimento wrote:

      Hello guys!

      I need a help from you. I have a huge challenge and was wondering what would be your approach.

      I need to sell the Scrum framework to a 52 years old director of a huge company who knows the framework superficially and not entirely agree with it. We have a big project, divided into several large modules. This man always imposes ScrumBut into each module of the project which, of course, cannot make their deliveries on time.

      This man likes to have fixed dates ahead. He thinks the Scrum does not cause people to deliver the entire sprint "done". There is always a balance of work per sprint "undone" and no "punishment" for this fact. He also likes to control what each person is doing, in detail.

      How would you sell Scrum to this man? Recalling that he is a director who is unlikely to change his mind overnight.

      Thank you all!

      --
      Peter Stevens, CSM, CSPO, CSP
      www.scrum-breakfast.com