47419Re: Best scrum team award - good/bad?

  • Jay Conne
    Jul 1, 2010
      Hey guys, how's this for a market driven alternative?

      Let business units bid on the teams they want to do their projects? That would cover many dimensions in one fell swoop. And as a balancing factor, have the teams bid on the projects. That would demonstrate earned trust both ways.

      What do you think :-) ?

      Paul, I'd like to see your research paper if you'd be so kind.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Paul Tiseo <paul_tiseo@...> wrote:
      > Mark:
      > I totally understand and empathize with your disagreement with me, as I once thought similarly. But, personal experience and emerging research has shown me otherwise and I've always prized myself as being agile of mind, not just method.
      > As for reference, I feel like I am alone in an echo chamber. Did you not participate in the June thread on raises and promotions? (Link in my last email if you need a refresher.) Did you not get the copy of the research paper PDF I sent you personally?
      > I look forward to your blog piece.
      > On 6/30/2010 11:48 AM, Mark Levison wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you Paul - you've inspired me to write a blog post. A few points
      > > you've asserted on several of occasions that Dan Pink is wrong. Can
      > > you provide us with a reference to that effect? My experience and
      > > reading of the literature is that competition will destroy cooperation.
      > >

      > > Paul if you think otherwise baseline the teams in your business, run a
      > > competition and measure the results. I'm not going to risk running
      > > this experiment with my clients.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Mark
      > *PAUL TISEO*