      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: velliyatt@...
      Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:18:28 +0530
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Best scrum team award - good/bad?

      We have several scrum teams in the BU, associated to different product developments. In order to promote adoption of agile and create a healthy competition between the teams, management team is thinking of a "best scrum team of the quarter" award.

      What could be the possible downside of such an award system?

      Few things I can think of are,
      - Subjective ( like any other such system )
      - If all teams are doing well ( or even otherwise ), picking one among them can pull other teams down
      - May work against collaboration across teams
      - Too much overhead ( data collection ) to substantiate "we are best of the pack" to the panel ( for the scrum master? )
      - Different product teams, no apple-to-apple comparison

      Am I being paranoid?. Please share your thoughts.

      thanks,
      Rajesh.

      Meet local singles online. Browse profiles for FREE!
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic