      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: tara@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:35:25 -0400
      Subject: RE: [scrumdevelopment] Prioritization of Stories in Business Productivity Automation

      I was unclear.  We will deploy every two weeks to what we are calling a user experience test environment.  The entire user community will be able to see, test, play and give feedback.  We just won’t deploy to the production environment until the whole process or at least one path through the process is complete.

      Tara E. Santmire, CSM, PMP
      tara@maresreach. net

      From: tara@maresreach. net
      Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:07:41 -0400

      Ron – Thanks for taking the time to reply.

      On business value – I think that the PO is taking the point of view that she does not want to deploy until the entire process is deployable and so there is no business value in partial process so just do it in order.  Do you have any suggestions about how I might disabuse her of that notion?  Or might she be correct?  Even if she is wrong, if she is so engrained in thinking this through in terms of the process, might there be value in proceeding in this order?

      On risk – the team has reviewed the process and the associated user stories and their estimation of technical risk is that they are all in the same bin.  The team feels that they have done something fairly similar, for the various pieces of the process.  I can try and go back and elicit more granularity.

      On amount to learn – you may be right.  I don’t have good ideas about how to elicit more information about prioritization in terms of “amount we need to learn”.  Do you have suggestions?  Even if you are correct, if the PO and users are so engrained in thinking this through in terms of the process, might there be value in proceeding in this order as this is the only way they can think through all the ramifications of decisions?

      Tara E. Santmire, CSM, PMP
      tara@maresreach. net