47021Re: [scrumdevelopment] Status Reporting, scheduling & estimation in Scrum

    May 30, 2010
      Hello, Roy. On Sunday, May 30, 2010, at 9:41:52 PM, you wrote:

      > And finally, when someone asks you to tell them exactly when the
      > project will be finished, give them an estimate that you make
      > clear to them is based on the best knowledge currenty available,
      > but will definitely change as more is learned and understood about
      > the requirements and other aspects of the project. AND don't make promises you can't keep!!

      Actually, I don't agree with this. (I do agree with much of what
      went before.)

      It is perfectly possible to pick a date to be done and a dollar
      budget to be met and to do it using Scrum. You do it by managing
      scope.

      This is precisely the job of the Product Owner: Deliver the best
      possible product by the date.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Learning is a human process, and knowledge is not what is found in the library.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic