47014Re: [scrumdevelopment] Status Reporting, scheduling & estimation in Scrum

  • Maurice le Rutte
    May 30, 2010
      Hi b_aashish,

      I'd recommend reading up on some standard Scrum texts, such as Agile Software Development with Scrum [*]. It explains a lot of Scrum, although some practices might have changed. I'm sure you'll find the answer in that book. Also I guess there are quite some websites explaining progress in Scrum, so a search engine might be of help too.

      Maurice.

      [*] http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Software-Development-Scrum/dp/0130676349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275208478&sr=8-1
      b_aashish schreef:

      Hi
      Reporting status in Waterfall projects is easy - you have the milestones (e.g. Req Doc completed/sign-off, Design docs completed, coding finished etc.. You have an overall plan and schedule against which you report that the projecy is 25% comeplete etc.
      How does one that in Scrum projects? Specially if it is a greenfield project. Does one do a high-level estimate/schedule of the entire Product backlog at the start? What kind of estimation would help here? How does one tell the customer how many sprints would be required to finish the complete the complete project? Any recommendations for status reporting? How can one apply EV here?

      Any insight please?

      Regards
      AB

      --